Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love the Top Note Die!

OK, I finally caved and bought the Top Note Bigz die from Stamin' Up! and Sizzix. I must admit, I already have the Cuttlebug, so I have not invested in the Sizzix Big Shot (yet). The Big Shot does seem more versatile, but for now I'm getting by with my Cuttlebug. I hesitated getting the Top Note die because I wasn't sure it would work in my Cuttlebug. I decided to risk it since I had heard that others had been able to make it work. I am so excited that it works in my Cuttlebug with 2 "B" plates.

I love how the die cut leaves a stitched look around the edge of the shape, it's so pretty and it really dresses up a simple project, like this Thank You card that I made. I can't wait to explore more ways to use this die...I've seen lots of ideas out there for bag toppers, envelopes, etc.

By the way, if you haven't invested in a die-cutting/embossing system yet, this is a great time to invest in the Big Shot because during Sale-A-Bration, you get free products with every $50 you spend! With all the new dies and embossing templates available, it's hard to resist.

Here's the recipe for the card above:
Stamps: Pocket Silouettes
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Craft White
Papers: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, White, Baja Breeze, and patterned paper from the Sunshine Garden Simply Scrappin' Kit
Accessories: Tan gingham ribbon, Cutter Kit, Top Note Die
Note: I roughed up the edges of the focal image with the roughening tool on the cutter kit. I also sponged the edges of the patterned paper with Chocolate Chip ink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen,

The Cricut Storybook cartridge has a similar shape, in case you want different sizes.

Belinda