Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Last Layout for 2008

After my last crop I had all of 2008 completed except for a couple of layouts from Christmas. I just finished the last layout! I have a few things to say about this layout.

  • Firstly, this is a perfect example of how you can still use those little scraps of patterned paper that you have laying around. Many of my layouts use very little patterned paper because I design them for my classes and have to spread a few sheets of paper across 4-6 sets of layouts. That was not the case for this layout, I just had a lot of photos to fit in and the patterned paper that inspired the color scheme was a little too busy for my taste to use as the background.
  • Secondly, this is a very unusual color scheme for me. The patterned paper that I used came from a kit that I purchased through StoryTellers Club. This is a club that I have been buying from for the past several months. I haven't mentioned it on this blog yet, perhaps because I usually use Stampin' Up! products. But with the expansion of my business, I've been doing a lot more scrapbooking and I've found the need to have an even wider variety of papers at my fingertips. If you decide to check out StoryTellers Club and sign up for their kits, let them know that I sent you (they'll give me a little discount on my monthly kit).
  • Thirdly, those are stickers on my layout (vermont)! I haven't use stickers on a layout in years!!!

Stamps: None
Inks: White Signo Gel Pen
Paper: Reindeer paper (Storytellers), Taken with Teal textured, Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Alphabet Stickers (Storytellers), white grosgrain ribbon

No comments: