Sunday, June 3, 2007

More Pearly Doodles

First, I'd like to say WELCOME, to all my new subscribers...I was away for the weekend at the Women of Faith Conference in Rochester, NY, and was so excited to find several more subscribers and apparently a lot of viewing activity that had occurred on my blog...how exciting!

I made this card for my parents for the 34th wedding anniversary. Now that they've received the card I can share it with all of you. I didn't want my Mom to discover it online before getting it in the mail. though I did submit it for last week's color challenge on Splitcoast (CC116). Wow! These colors are really interesting, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green and Cool Carribean. I would have never picked these colors if it hadn't been for the challenge, but I am really pleased with how it turned out.

I began by stamping the Chocolate Chip Card Base with one of the swirly stamps from "Doodle This" for my background. On a strip of Cool Carribean, I stamped in Garden Green ink, the round flower from this same set and then colored them in using the Painted Pearls Technique again (I'm sure I'll be doing more cards with this technique, just can't get enough of how pretty the results are). I scalloped the edges of this strip using my corner rounder (removing the guide piece). I then used some left over Heidi Scrap brown painted brads for some extra embellishment on the bottom edge of this strip. I framed this piece with a strip of Garden Green and then mounted it to the card base. For the final touch, I stamped Congratulations (from Warmest Regards) in White Craft Ink, and added a little knotted piece of pale blue polka dotted May Arts Ribbon using a mini glue dot.

Now that I love this painted pearls technique, of course I NEED to have all the pearl ex colors...so guess what's going to be on my next order???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, what a pretty card! I think I went to that conference once. Must have been in 1994, when Rick was stationed in Rome, NY. Congrats on your new subscribers.

Suzi said...

HA! Another painted pearls addict!
You will probably get ME going on round 2 of my shiny creatiions. THis is QUITE lovely!
TFS,
Suzi

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Love the painted pearls.