Monday, June 4, 2007

Beate's Challenge - inspired by a RAK

Last week I got a cute RAK from Cindy Lyles of StarlitStudio. Her beautiful choice of colors inspired me to use similar ones for this week's sketch challenge on Beate's Blog. I liked the combination of Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Certainly Celery and So Saffron, so here's what I came up with:
I made this card for my brother, whose birthday is this week. I used the Unfroggetable stamp set again for this one. The card base is So Saffron, overlayed with Not Quite Navy cardstock stamped with the dragonfly in the same color ink. I stamped the frog in Not Quite Navy ink and then watercolored him in with an Old Olive Water Color Crayon and a blender pen. I framed him in with a navy circle and a scalloped saffron circle (used my corner rounder for the scallop). I mounted him on the card on top of some more Palette o' Prints Celery polka dotted paper that I had stamped hearts on the bottom with Navy ink. The ribbon accents are a stitched olive colored ribbon from May Arts. I also added a stamped greeting on white cardstock in olive ink. The final touch to comply with the sketch was to add some punched out olive circles and attach them with Saffron brads. I really like this sketch and I'm so glad that I got my brothers card done so that I can give it to him tonight when I see him!!!


I know I haven't put any of my scrapbooking pages up lately....I'm preparing for a class early this week, so I hope to upload a scrapbook page later this week. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

beate said...

Love your little froggy card. How fun is that? Thanks so much for participating.

Suzi said...

Very cute!
Suzi

*Alice* said...

Darling!

Anonymous said...

This is so darn cute!

Becky

Nancy Grant said...

Love these cute card creations! Very fun.
:-)