Monday, June 4, 2007

Beate's Challenge - inspired by a RAK

Last week I got a cute RAK from Cindy Lyles of StarlitStudio. Her beautiful choice of colors inspired me to use similar ones for this week's sketch challenge on Beate's Blog. I liked the combination of Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Certainly Celery and So Saffron, so here's what I came up with:
I made this card for my brother, whose birthday is this week. I used the Unfroggetable stamp set again for this one. The card base is So Saffron, overlayed with Not Quite Navy cardstock stamped with the dragonfly in the same color ink. I stamped the frog in Not Quite Navy ink and then watercolored him in with an Old Olive Water Color Crayon and a blender pen. I framed him in with a navy circle and a scalloped saffron circle (used my corner rounder for the scallop). I mounted him on the card on top of some more Palette o' Prints Celery polka dotted paper that I had stamped hearts on the bottom with Navy ink. The ribbon accents are a stitched olive colored ribbon from May Arts. I also added a stamped greeting on white cardstock in olive ink. The final touch to comply with the sketch was to add some punched out olive circles and attach them with Saffron brads. I really like this sketch and I'm so glad that I got my brothers card done so that I can give it to him tonight when I see him!!!


I know I haven't put any of my scrapbooking pages up lately....I'm preparing for a class early this week, so I hope to upload a scrapbook page later this week. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your little froggy card. How fun is that? Thanks so much for participating.

Suzi said...

Very cute!
Suzi

Anonymous said...

Darling!

Anonymous said...

This is so darn cute!

Becky

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Love these cute card creations! Very fun.
:-)