Thursday, June 21, 2007

All-Day Crop...here I come!

I'm so excited about this Saturday!! I'm going to an All-Day Crop at a local church and I'm hoping to get A LOT of scrapbooking done. My challenge now is to fit all the supplies I need in my car without having to rent a trailer!!!! It's so hard to narrow down what supplies I will be using. Too bad I can't just pack up my whole craft room in a suitcase and go!

My hope is to scrapbook the remainder of my Autumn and Winter photos from this past year. I hope that's achievable...I'm anxious to start scrapbooking more warm weather photos so I am very motivated to get this accomplished this weekend. Here's a layout that I just completed using a ready-made layout from one of the scrapbooking classes that I taught last Fall. So many of you have been telling me that you love to watercolor and so I thought you might like it. One of my favorite stamps to watercolor is the bucket of apples from "Give Thanks". So I created an Autumn page using images from this set and used it to display our photos of last year's trip to the local apple orchard. It was such a beautiful day, but it seems so long ago!



The background cardstock for both pages is So Saffron and I also used Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, and Certainly Celery cardstocks as frames. The brown scratched paper is one of the double sided sheets from either the Spring Showers or Spring Flowers double sided paper pack. I used a lot of punches in this as well, circle punches for the letters (Best Friends Upper). The tag corner punch for the tag elements and the little slot punch for the twill tape to come through the tags. I fastened the twill tape with Ruby Red brads. The Ruby Red pieces of cardstock are stamped with the leaves from the set in Ruby Red ink, for some extra pattern. I used my watercolor wonder crayons for the watercoloring of the stamped images. I stamped on Very Vanilla using chocolate chip ink, colored with the crayons and then blended with blender pens. My favorite part was coloring the apples, blending the shades of ruby red and saffron to make it look realistic....yum!!

1 comment:

Becky G said...

That sounds like fun! I love your pages. The colors and layouts are great!