Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gate Cards (Beate's Challenge)

This week's challenge from Beate was to create a gate card. Since I had a few cards to make for some friends of mine I decided to make 2!! This one I made for some friends of ours that just found out that they're pregnant! We are so excited for them and I just couldn't wait to send them a card. I used the retiring hostess set Reason to Smile for this card. The central image was created by stamping the butterfly in Versamark on white cardstock and then sponging Pink Passion, Certainly Celery, and Tempting Turquoise chalks on it. This technique is called "Poppin' Pastels" and I haven't done it in a REALLY long time. I framed this image in Positively Pink and added a punched flower with a black eyelet center and some black gingham ribbon for embellishments. The base of the card is Pink Passion Cardstock and it is folded such that it opens from the middle (scored 2-1/8" on both sides of the 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cardstock). I layered the sides with Tempting Turquoise and the Celery Palette of Prints Paper. I stamped the words on the bottom right corner and attached the central image to the left panel.

The second card I made was for a friend of mine that is having a touch week. The inside of this card reads thought you could use a little pickup". I'm not sure about my color choices for this card, oh well....
I used Almost Amethyst for the card base and layered the panels with Rose Red and the flowery Rose Red Palette of Prints paper. I pulled out my Loads of Love Stamp Set and Accessories for this card, which I haven't used in a while. I stamped the truck on white and colored it in with Regal Rose, Almost Amethyst, and Going Gray. I added some flowers in the back and a brunette driver. On top of the flowers I used my 2-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds to add some sparkle (hard to see in picture). For a final touch I added a white flower with a rose red brad center and some black gingham ribbon for embellishments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the butterfly! The poppin' pastel colors are so, so pretty!

Suzi said...

Love them BOTH! Great job.
Suzi

Heather P. said...

Great job with the sketch! :)