Saturday, June 9, 2007

Little bit of Scrapbooking

I got a little bit of scrapbooking done this week. I keep an 8x11 calendar going, so at the beginning of every month I make a simple page to attach to the calendar with recent photos that I've taken. Here's this month's page, very quick and simple, displaying a few pictures of the kids at a little playdate with my local Moms Club. It was a beautiful summer day and the kids had lots of fun playing in the little swimming pools and the sprinkler.

I used Only Orange for the Page base and added some background images using Polka Dots & Petals from the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini Catalog. On the left I used the outlined flower and on the right I used the solid flower. I separated the 2 sides with some Ric-Rak that I found at a local scrapbooking store, unfortunately the spool was not labeled with the manufacturer. I framed the photos in Summer Sun and mounted them. I used my white gel pen to add centers to the outlined flowers on the left and also hand wrote my title and added some doodling around one of the pictures. To label the month on the calendar I used a strip of Summer Sun and stamped some outlined flowers in Only Orange. I added some white centers to these flowers as well, and then Stamped "JUNE" using my Best Friends Upper Alphabet in Only Orange.

I also was able to pull one page together of Alexa when she was 2 months old using some supplies that I got out of a PineCone Press Kit (the Baby Book- Kit A).

The yellow background paper which was part of the kit is made by Bazzill. The patterned paper in the corner is from Pinecone Press. I stamped "Happy Baby" on Vellum cardstock using the "happy" stamp from the Happy Everything Set and my Best Friends Alphabet in Stazon Black ink. I attached the vellum title over the striped paper using some brads (that look like eyelets) from Pebbles Inc. I framed the 2 4x6 images in Only Orange and Green Galore, and embellished with some Orange Gingham ribbon (no source). I added some cropped photos in the lower right and wrote the date and added some faux stitching around the edge of the page using a black marker.

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I like your calendar idea! I just might have to start doing that...I especially like that you do it with recent pictures rather than all of last year's.

Anonymous said...

Your scrap pages are adorable. Love the colors.

Becky