Monday, June 18, 2007

Beate's Challenge #6

This week's challenge was to create a circle card. Here's what I came up with. A circle card was definitely more challenging, but Beate's sketch/sample really helped. I just got my Fall-Winter Collection Preview items and was excited to play with them. I used Purely Pomegranate for the card base. I created the base by creating a typical 5.5" by 4.25" card and then cutting through the front and the back of the card using the largest circle of the Coluzzle circle. I allowed the circle to go beyond the folded edge so that I would have a flat edge for the card fold (make sense?). I also used my Coluzzle to creae the circles for the focal image in So Saffron and Wild Wasabi. I used my corner rounder punch to scallop the edges of the Wild Wasabi Circle. This card uses the flowers from the new set Year after Year. I stamped the flowers in Rose Red on the base card. I stamped the flowers in Garden Green on the So Saffron Circle and colored in with Pearl Ex and Floor Wax (Painted Pearls Technique). I colored the edges with gold pearlex as well. I added a punched white circle with the Warm Words "Giggle" in Rose Red and some White Organdy Ribbon for some extra sparkle. The binding of the card was created with a strip of Wild Wasabi, and some scalloped Palette o Prints Paper. Three Saffron eyelets were added for extra embellishment.

3 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is very pretty! I love the painted pearls technique you used. :)

Anonymous said...

Great card - I'm going to have to try this!

Unknown said...

Great job wth the sketch!