Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nursery Necessities for a Friend

I went to a baby shower for an old friend of mine this weekend, it's been a while since I've been to one of those! It was so fun to pull out my Nursery Necessities stamp set to make her a card to accompany her gift. I had a hard time thinking of what color combination to use since she doesn't know the sex of the baby yet, so I chose a little inspiration from the baby blanket that I gave her (see below). The yarn that I used for the gift was light purple, blue, aqua, and green (fairly gender neutral, I think). So I chose the colors Ballet Blue, Pale Plum, and Certainly Celery to compose this card. I also felt like using my Cuttlebug, so I pulled out my Nestabilities dies and Swiss dots embossing folder. The ribbon is from the retired Fairytale collection of ribbons from Stampin' Up!. I sponged the edge of the embossed Pale Plum paper with ballet blue ink.

No comments: