Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Classy Cards: Fun with a White Gel Pen

This month all the cards in my card class used the Signo White Gel Pen...something I consider to be a papercrafting necessity. I also used 2 new stamp sets that I've been enjoying lately. The first 2 cards use the new set "Ever After." I purchased this set because of the Lily of the Valley stamp that is used in the above card. I just love Lily of the Valley, it smells so nice and is one of those early spring flowers. I just wish that it was a larger flower that I could put in a vase in the house.

Here's the recipe for the card above:
Stamps: Ever After
Inks: Garden Green, White Gel Pen
Papers: Flock Together DS paper, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Whisper White
Accessories: White Organdy Ribbon, Ticket corner punch
Notes: The edges of the patterned paper are sponged with Garden Green ink. The flowers of the Lily of the Valley are colored white with the gel pen. I masked the focal image with some scrap paper and sponged Garden Green ink around the mask to create a frame around the flowers.

This card uses the heart from Ever After, another beautiful stamp.
Stamps: Ever After, Wonderful Words
Inks: Ridinghood Red, Chocolate Chip, White Gel Pen
Papers: Bella Rose DS Paper, Pink Pirouette, White, Ridinghood Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Paper Piercer, Photo Corner Punch, Vintage brads
Notes: I created a faux stitched look with the white gel pen and paper piercer here. I also sponged the edges of the patterned paper with chocolate chip ink.

This last card uses the new Sale-A-Bration stamp set Botanical Blooms.
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Wonderful Words
Inks: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze
Papers: Sweet Slumber Specialty Paper, Baja Breeze, Ridinghoood Red, White Gel Pen
Accessories: Cutter Kit, Flower Slide

No comments: