Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tough Color Challenge

I love the color challenges because they force me to go outside my confort zone. Otherwise I usually end up using the same colors over and over again. This week's was a doozy for me (CC131), I think because all the colors were so dark. So I struggled with this one for longer than I'd like to admit, and eventually decided to just do something simple. I'm still loving the faux stitching using "All in a Row" so I added that to liven it up a bit. It's been a while since I've used my Cuttlebug too, so I was excited to add some dimension to an otherwise plain card.

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley, All in a Row
Paper: Taken with Teal, Purely Pomegranate, Natural White, Always Artichoke
Inks: Taken with Teal, Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Click here to see the Splicoast Gallery for this challenge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, I think your card turned out adorable.
I am partial to that faux stitching as well. LOL
Hugs and grins!