Tuesday, July 31, 2007

More is More

I'm still working on last week's Dare to Get Dirty Slitcoast Challenges. Not sure how many I'm actually going to accomplish. I tried to tackle a couple of them while preparing for the Shoebox Swap with my downline (see previous post). There was one challenge called "More is More" that asked us to create 2 cards, one simple and then add a lot of stuff to the card, layers, embellishments, etc. Then there was another challenge that requested using lots of brads. So I combined these and came up with 3 cards, the middle one being the shoebox swap card that we all made last night.

These all used Bashful Blue as the base for the cards and applied the canvas stamp from "Oh, So Lovely" 3 times in Bashful Blue ink on the bottom left corner of each card front.

The one on the right was the "simple" card, using the "Oh, So Lovely" flower on watercolor paper (stamped with Stazon Black) and then watercolored with WW crayons and an aquapainter. Actually, before I stamped the flower, I stamped the canvas rectangle in Bashful Blue off on scrap paper and then put the "second generation" lighter image on the watercolor paper (it's a little hard to see in the picture because it's light. I then framed the flower with Wild Wasabi, tore the right edge of the Wasabi, and tied some orange grosgrain ribbon along the left side. I stamped a greeting vertically in black ink on the left side of the Wasabi. Pretty straight forward.

The middle card took it a step further, by adding a black border around the watercolored image, shifting the image up so that it hung off the Wasabi paper. I also used the notebook punch on the left side and wrapped Wasabi double stitched ribbon horizontally around the flower image. I tied a little piece of orange ribbon the the double stitched ribbon. Put the greeting on the bottom of the Wasabi for this one.

The card on the left I used to satisfy the "Lots of Brads" challenge by adding 7 black brads to the left side of the Wasabi instead of the hole punches. This one had the flower image back on the Wasabi entirely and the greeting on the left again.

Challenges are so much fun!!! I wish I had time to do more!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! I had fun with this challenge as well.