Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Day at the Beach

Here's a page that I created a while ago for a class but recently added pictures and journaling to. These are photos from a vacation that our family took to Hilton Head, South Carolina last spring. We were so fortunate to vacation with my parents and my brother and his wife, it was a wonderful week.

To get the look of sand on the paper I took a sheet of 12x12 Sahara Sand Cardstock, ripped it, inked the ripped edges with Sahara Sand ink and then overlayed the 2 pieces. I stamped the crabs and other critters in True Thym ink on the Sahara sand, I found this to show up a little bit better than Sahara Sand Ink. The celery piece is inked with Turquoise ink, using a sponge. For embellishments, I stamped and watercolored a crab, cut it out and placed it in the sand. I also wrapped some grosgrain ribbon around the corners of one of the photos.

Stamps: Crab & Company, Best Friends Alphabet Lower
Paper: So Saffron, Sahara Sand,Certainly Celery, Cool Carribean
Ink: Sahara Sand, True Thyme, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pen, Cream Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: