Friday, July 16, 2010

New Catalog Inspiration Challenge


With the arrival of the new Stampin' Up! Catalog I've come up with a new idea to motivate myself throughout the year.  Instead of being inspired by ideas all over the world wide web, I'm going to try to use this year's catalog for my inspiration.  Perhaps I'll recreate a project that's in the book, or maybe I'll just take one element of a catalog project (like the layout or the color scheme) and use that to get me started. If you'd like to play along, feel free comment to this post with links to your creations.

For my first Catalog Inspiration Challenge (CIC1), I recreated one of the square cards on page 10 of the catalog that uses the Because I Care Stamp Set (Hostess Level 1 Set).  Instead of square though, I made it a standard rectangular card.  I used Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride and Certainly Celery for my color scheme.  I also simplified the ribbon embellishment and the scallop trip edge.

No comments: