Thursday, April 29, 2010

Basic Apricot Shadows Color & Sketch Challenge



Here's a card that I made for last week's sketch challenge (SC277) and color challenge(CC267) on Splitcoast Stampers.  The thought of using Apricot Appeal made me cringe...it's definitely not my favorite color!  But I actually grew to like this combination as I made the card.  I pulled out one of my favorite sets, Upsy Daisy for this one.  The Basic Gray helps this color scheme a lot by adding some contrast.

Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts, Upsy Daisy
Paper: Sage Shadow, Appricot Appeal, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folder
Techniques: Direct to Paper (inking on paper edges and embossed background)

No comments: