Monday, December 8, 2008

December Technique Class: Aquapainter Techniques

This month my technique class projects focus on use of the Aquapainter and so we did some watercoloring for this first project with the help of some watercolor crayons. I guess I've got Christmas on the brain because all three cards are for Christmas. I think this year I've designed more unique Christmas cards than ever! These might be the last of the season.

Stamps: Baby Jesus is Born
Inks: Stazon Black, Not Quite Navy
Papers: Holiday Treasures DS Paper, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, watercolor crayons, aquapainter

For this project we used the Aquapainter to we some mulberry paper before pulling it appart to get the fuzzy edges.

Stamps: Winter Post, Warm Words
Inks: Ridinghood Red, Baja Breeze
Papers: Ski Slope DS Paper, White Mulberry Paper, Ridinghood Red, White
Accessories: Clear Stardust Glitter pen, aquapainter (to wet paper and tear)
Note: I couldn't resist adding some sparkle to this one on the patterned paper and the snowflake stamped image
This last card used the Painted Pearls technique, I have several cards using this technique on my blog already, though I haven't used it in a while. I added some sparkle to the skaters by applying pearlex with an Aquapainter filled with Future Floor Wax.

Stamps: Winter Post, Sincere Salutations
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Papers: Holiday Treasures DS Paper, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Felt Stitched Ribbon, Pearlex (Russet, Gold), aquapainter, floorwax
Note: Sparkle in the pearlex can be seen in picture below




No comments: