Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mia's Clothing Obsession




I've been wanting to create this layout for some time now. I've been collecting pictures of the crazy things that Mia dresses herself with and now I have enough to make a layout. Mia just loves clothes and she won't hesitate to try on anything pretty or interesting regardless of whether it fits her or what the weather is like outside. So I spent some time yesterday pulling together a sampling of her interesting choices.

Both of these pages used Cool Carribean as the background paper. I used pieces of the Petals & Paisleys backgroundpaper throughout along with Pink Passion, Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise cardstock to frame the photos and the Whisper White journaling boxes. I used Polka Dots & Paisley along with Polka Dots & Petals for the stamped images on the title box, accent box, and bottom and left edges of the background paper. The inks I used were Cool Carribean, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery. For embellishment I added some carribean colored ric-rac left over from the Winter Mini Catalog ribbon collection. I also added lots of gingham ribbon in blue, moss, and pink (all were from Stampin' Up! except the dark pink from Michaels. As a final touch, I added some faux stitching along the edge of the long strips of patterned paper, using my paper piercer and a white gel pen.

I had so much fun making this 2-page spread, I hope you enjoy it!


No comments: