Sunday, April 29, 2007

Spring Happiness

I was so excited to make this card. I discovered a card made by one of my "idols" Beate Johns on her blog a few days ago and I just had to CASE it. She is so amazing and such an inspiration (the author of the "fresh and fun" blog and Creative director for Splitcoast Stampers). I love this color scheme because it is so unlikely that I would think of using these colors on my own, but they look great!! So here's what I came up with. All you Quick Inkers (my downline) out there, this is what we'll be making at our meeting tomorrow!

I used Orchid Opulance for the card base and the Petals and Paisley's double sided paper from the Spring Mini (LOVE IT!!) -edged with some black ink . I stamped on watercolor paper the flower arrangement found in Natural Beauty using my Stazon black pad. I felt like being a real artist today, so I pulled out my ink pads and Aqua painter and did some watercoloring with Real Red, Marigold Morning, Pumpkin Pie, Cool Carribean, and Old Olive. I then used Marigold Morning and Black to frame the flowers, inking the Marigold with some Marigold ink (direct to paper). I then decided to try doodling on the Marigold fram to add a little more black detail. For a little extra dimension, I ran my distressing tool over the edges of the black frame. Then I added the word "happiness" (from Warm Words) to some Very Vanilla paper and placed it inside a piece of the Hodge Podge hardware. I pulled some Red grosgrain and white narrow organdy ribbon through the hardware holes and secured it all to the card using black brads.

No comments: