Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cards, Challenges, and more!

Thanks to my amazing husband, I actually got some time yesterday to sit down and make a bunch of cards. The only minor distraction that I had was my youngest daughter sitting on my lap while I worked for some of the time. She was very well behaved, so I didn't mind at all! I had taken notes about a few challenges that I could use to get me started and I'm so happy that I was able to satisfy many of them!

The first card satisfies 2 challenges- yeah! The layout is using Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge (WSC41) and the colors are from a Splitcoast Color Challenge (CC159): Whisper Soft Gray.

What I like about this card is the focal image which I coated with Irridescent Ice (hard to see in the picture). The image sparkles so much in real life that as I was finishing the card, I realized that I wanted to keep the card fairly simple so as not to detract from the sparkly flower.

Stamps: One of a Kind
Papers: Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, Versamark
Accessories: Love & happiness Rub-ons, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Irridescent Ice
Notes: To make the flower sparkle, I covered the flower with versamark ink by wiping it on the pad. I then added the Irridescent Ice and heat embossed. To color the flower in I used tempting turquoise ink and a blender pen to get a Soft Sky shade....still haven't bought the pad!

The next card was for color challenge CC158: Krafty Orchid Shadows. I just received my "She's All That" stamp set and I couldn't wait to use it!

Stamps: She's All That
Papers: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla,Orchid Opulence
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Scallop & Circle Punches, Orchid ribbon, Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon

The last card here was another using the One of a Kind stamp set. I was trying to use the Weekend Sketch Challenge for this one, but just couldn't make it work. So here's what I ended up with...a little more simple than I had envisioned, but still nice.

Stamps: One of a Kind
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Rose Red, Berry Bliss DS paper
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Accessories: Pink brads, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Brown Button

I actually made 3 more cards yesterday, but they're for my Technique class so I won't be able to upload those until after the class next week. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! All three cards look wonderful!
Hugs and smiles