Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Resist Card!

I'm participating in a card swap in a few weeks so I figured I'd try embossing resist one more time before I move onto another set of techniques for next month. So here's one more, a variation on embossing resist called "Emerging Color." It's the same as embossing resist, except I stamped some swirls on the paper before I applied the embossed image.

This card also satisfies one of Beate's Fresh & Fun weekend challenges, which I haven't done in a while. It feels good to jump into the game again!

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Priceless
Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral
Papers: Ruby Red, River Rock, Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, Groovy Guava, Ginger Blossom DS
Accessories: Brass Brads, 1/4" circle, River Rock Double Stitched Ribbon, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, brayer

Note: On the right side I punched 1/4 inch holes and inserted a brad in the middle, this made the accent a little more visible. Also, after embossing the flower, I brayed over it with Ruby Red ink and stamped more swirls in burgundy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen,
Your card looks wonderful! I love this color combo, the set you chose, your embellishments...everything!
Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Gretchen,
One word: WOW!
Belinda

Suzi said...

oooooooh! Nice job!
Suzi

Debbie said...

Wow!! That is so cool how you did that resist. Amazing...

Lori Craig said...

I had misplaced your card when it arrived, and found it during my 'operation clean sweep' this week! This is STUNNING, Gretchen. One of those gasp when I opened the envelope kind of cards! Your eye for detail is amazing, and I have just loved cruising through your blog this morning. Thank you SO much for thinking of me and sending me this card! You are *INCREDIBLE* ~ Hugs, Lori