Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friday Night Stamping

This Friday I hosted a small card class...I just felt like making a bunch of cards and it was fun to make them with some company. We made an assortment of 5 pretty cards, most using lots of bright summer colors. Most were inspired by samples in the Fall/Winter Collection Catalog, I keep finding more and more cool ideas!
This seemed to be one of the favorites for the evening. It could be used as a thank you card or a baby card. The base of the card was Wild Wasabi, and the floweres and greeting were stamped with Garden Green ink using the "Short & Sweet" stamp set. I then layered a rectangle of Garden Green and on top of that som Bashful Blue textured card stock. The elephant was stamped on Whisper White with Bashful Blue ink and I masked his trunk before stamping the flower which I inked using my Pumpkin Pie and Garden Green markers. The elephant piece was framed with some Wild Wasabi, and then I folded some Orang Grosgrain and Stitched Wild Wasabi ribbons and adhered them to the back. I attached this whole piece to the card using dimensionals.

These card classes are fun, I think my next one is going to be in the fall and we'll be making Holiday cards.

No comments: